Thursday, April 17, 2008

5 comments:

Josh Chave said...

I was really impressed with Rose’s blog. Her recording is excellent and really shows off her clear diction and articulation. She was easy to listen to and was varied in her pitch and range. The biography was also well written, and shows that she is skilled at writing as well.
I know personally that she put a lot of effort into this blog and it shows when looking at the finished project. Her resume was very impressive; I would put it up higher so that visitors to the site could see it immediately. Considering that she is a theater major and a communications major, it might be helpful for her to include two resumes. One focused on her theater experience and another on her other work. I know that RA and Orientation Staff are great jobs to build a resume, but they do not have a place on her acting resume for obvious reasons.
I think posting videos of herself acting is a great way to showcase her acting abilities. I hope that she expands on that and more and creates a digital reel online. It would be a great way to show potential employers her various acting talents.

Jennifer said...

Rose Lynn, your presentation was very good and you sounded very professional. Your voice was very clear and articulate and you varied your voice pitch and range making what you said interesting.

Your blog is also professional looking. I think the Santa Baby clip was a good piece to showcase your voice. You should put a little more information about the clip with the posting.

Nice job.

Kristin M. Vitacco said...

I suppose as a performer myself, I have a biased opinion of liking to Rose's blog. Before I forget to mention, the fact that she wore pink, the same color as her blog, to present was absolutely amazing. It was such a nice subtle touch that I think some potential employers would appreciate, if she were there to present it to them. The blog layout itself is a solid color, nothing too flashy or loud that could distract from the overall purpose of the blog. Her voice recording was very well done, very conversational. Her voice has that performance sound - confident, strong, clear and slightly bouncy. It adds to her cause since she is building her resume around acting and singing. Rose really has the full package with this blog. There is a clip of her acting ability as well as an audio clip of her speaking voice and her singing voice (which is excellent, by the way). I really believe potential employers would be pleased with what they were handed. My only concern, which may stem from my own interest and knowledge of the business, is that she could use a few more pieces that were somewhat diverse. This type of profession, employers are picky, and the more substance and diversity, the better the chance. Other than that, I really think Rose did a wonderful job with her blog.

~Liz~ said...

Rose's blog was very well done. I absolutely loved her recording because it was so easy to listen to. Her pronounciation of words and her articulation were excellent. All of Rose's experience in singing and acting on stage have really helped her develop her great voice.
The rest of her blog was great too. Unfortunately, we were unable to watch her clip of "Urinetown" on YouTube but I was fortunate enough to see the live version so I know how well Rose performed.
I was blown away by her recording of "Santa Baby." It sounded phenomenal and I'm sure Rose is going to be very successful with her voice.

Anonymous said...

Rose Lynn:

Rose's blog was very well done. I thought her picture and layout made it look very professional. Rose's voice is very clear and articulate. I enjoyed listening to her and you could hear the different volumes in her voice while she spoke. I agree with Josh in that she should have two different resumes. That might help more. Although the video did not work in class, posting that was a great idea for a potential employer to see her in action. Her biography was well written and seemed as if she put a lot of effort into it